Monday, May 9, 2016

Quotes from Kovner


In trading highly liquid markets, it couldn’t hurt to learn from someone like Bruce Kovner. He has been trading since the 1970s and has amassed himself a net worth of about $5.3B. The following three quotes are from Bruce Kovner’s interview in Jack Schwager’s Market Wizards.  

“Tight congestions in which a breakout occurs for reasons that nobody understands are usually good risk/reward trades”

“The more a price pattern is observed by speculators, the more prone you are to have false signals. The more a market is the product of non speculative activity, the greater the significance of technical breakouts.”  

“Whenever I enter a position, I have a predetermined stop. That is the only way I can sleep. I know where I’m getting out before I get in. The position size on the trade is determined by the stop, and the stop is determined on a technical basis. For example, if the market is in the midst of a trading range, it makes no sense to put your stop within that range, since you are likely to be taken out. I always place my stops beyond some technical barrier.”

No comments:

Post a Comment